2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2016 9:32 AM by Meghan Kyle

"TABCMD get"fails to

Meghan Kyle

Hi,

I'm struggling to understand why my tabcmd code is failing for cases where I want to filter my view and save as CSV.  Below I've included the code I'm using.  When I apply the view filter and save to PDF or PNG it works! It also works if I do not filter and save to CSV.  It doesn't however work when I want to filter the view AND save to CSV.

Am I missing something?

Tabcmd get "views/WeeklyReports/EmailSampleDetail?FilterName=ABC" --filename PDFWorks.pdf

Tabcmd get "views/WeeklyReports/EmailSampleDetail?FilterName=ABC" --filename PNGWorks.png

Tabcmd get "views/WeeklyReports/EmailSampleDetail.csv" --filename ThisCSVWorks.csv

Tabcmd get "views/WeeklyReports/EmailSampleDetail?FilterName=ABC" --filename CSVFilterDoesntWork.csv

• 1. Re: "TABCMD get"fails to
          Jeff D

Hi Meghan, try adding the .csv extension:

tabcmd get "views/WeeklyReports/EmailSampleDetail.csv?FilterName=ABC" --filename CSVFilterDoesntWork.csv

The documentation says you don't need the extension for .pdf and.png if you use a filename parameter, but it's doesn't mention the rules for .csv, which appear to be different (I have no idea why).  Good luck!

• 2. Re: "TABCMD get"fails to
            Meghan Kyle

Thank you SO much Jeff! Totally glossed over that point in the documentation haha Appreciate your help with this :-)