2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2016 4:10 AM by Maciek La

Set Value At Specific Date

Eoghan Lyons

Hi All,

Is it possible to use a parameter control to lookup the value of a certain metric on a specific date?

For example, let's say the parameter is labelled "Date". Is there a formula that I can set a value for my metric which is already aggregated (let's say Revenue) so that the table updates to whatever the value was for revenue on the day I enter?

Rgds,

Eoghan

• 1. Re: Set Value At Specific Date
          Eoghan Lyons

Basically what I want to do is to calculate the compound growth rate between the start of the period and then end. See attached.

I don't want to do it in discrete periods as in this chart. I would like to see start point, end point and the percentage growth rate between the two.

Is this possible?

Pica.PNG

• 2. Re: Set Value At Specific Date
            Maciek La

Do you have to display it on timescale?

If not then you can create 3 sheets and 2 parameters to handle that.

Create 2 parameters for start and end date and 1 calculated field keeping result of your calculation.

Create 2 sheets and on each display bar or point from your parameter.

Then create 1 new sheet and pull this new calculated field on label.

Pull sheets on dashboard so you have 1 sheet with start date bar, sheet with label and second sheet with end date.

ultimately you can change those parameter bars just to labels so you will have 3 labels (start year, growth and end date). You can tweak it further to show it as a growth in graphical way.