1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 9:06 AM by Hope Stiles

Tableau Custom Color Palette - Global Availability across Organization

Anand Kumar

Hello Tableau Community!

I have been working on my client's custom color palette, I was successful in creating one by editing the preferences.tps file.

I want to make this custom color palette, lets say named - "My Company Palette" to be available in the drop down list of available palettes in the Tableau Edit Colors dialog box. In other words, I want to make sure this palette is available to everyone who connects to that datasource and attempts to create vizs on it. It would be wonderful - If I could make this palette available globally across everyone who connects to any datasource/refreshed extracts available on our company's Tableau server.

I read an option where we can apply specific colors to specific fields in our data source, and make everyone who connects to that data source - sees those colors by default - when they drag those fields on Tableau pane. But, it was also mentioned that this custom color palette - I have created willn't be available in that drop down.

Any help will be appreciated.

Note - We are using Tableau Server/Desktop v9.2.x, I don't want to share this modified preferences.tps file to be shared on everyone's desktop.

Thank you,

Anand