1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2016 12:41 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Data displaying wrong on some machines with only Reader

Caitlin Partridge

I recently made some updates to our company-wide dashboard, and while the data is displaying beautifully on most machines, there are a few folks who are seeing incorrect data when they open the workbook in Tableau Reader.

The incorrect data is confined to one sheet -- a simple chart with data points for each year. This should display a different number for each year (think "number of products sold per year"), and it does on both my writer and Reader. It also doesn't seem to be a problem with other machines in the office that only have Reader.

Unfortunately, on some computers, the data point in each column of the row displays the aggregate of all values in that row (so, instead of "2", "5", "12", "25", "42" -- we are seeing "86", "86", "86", "86", "86").

This does not seem to be a problem with the data source (I'm using fixed Excel tables) and all computers have the most updated edition of Reader.

Any clues as to why this might be happening and what approaches I might take to fix it?