7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 4:25 AM by Maciek La

Use a Parameter to filter across multiple Boolean Dimensions

conor duke

Hi, spent a while on this but no luck.

I have 7 boolean dimension fields related to 'Upgrade' of different products from an SQL connection

e.g. 'Spa package', 'Buffet' ,            'Suite' .... etc

1                 0                       1

0                1                       0

1                 0                       0

I want to use a Parameter where the user can select 'Buffet' & 'Suite' and ALL the records which contain a 1 in BOTH fields will return.

I am comfortable with SQL Case statements, but this only allows me select a SINGLE option.

It feels like I am missing something key, as this is a common problem on the forums, but my limited experience of Tableau is failing me.

(is there a solution using LOD?)

Attempted solutions

The 'Pivot' functionality would fix it, but only works for XLS data sets, mine is in SQL.

I am happy to reshape the data, but I was hoping to use a combination of Filters and Parameters for this, the following examples solve this problem, but not for my use-case

Multiple boolean dimensions in a single filter  -Solves it with Pivot in XLS

Using Parameters to filter a Boolean Dimension? - Solves it for a SINGLE value

Re: Create a filter with 19 boolean dimensions COMBINED

unknown

Filtering Multiple Dimensions Using Parameters | Tableau Software - Solves it for a SINGLE value

Joshua Miller

swaroop.gantela