2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2016 3:37 AM by parikshit.shinge

Dashed/Dotted line in Line Chart

parikshit.shinge

Hi All,

I have a dual axis graph which has a stacked bar and a line on Y-axis and a dimension on X-axis. I want to make that line as dashed or dotted line. I know the work-around which is for continuous dimension (Date) on X-axis but I need solution for discrete dimension.

Please help out!

• 1. Re: Dashed/Dotted line in Line Chart
          Matthew Risley

do you have a picture of what you have/need?

You could change the line to "gant bars" or "circles", but I do not believe that is what you are asking for.

You could also try getting "fancy" with having a constant/reference line and perhaps assign it to the value of what you are trying to graph.

I'm unsure of why this would be a requirement, though. Could you give a brief explanation of why this needs to be done and there may be a better way of visualizing your requirement?

Best,

--Matt

• 2. Re: Dashed/Dotted line in Line Chart
            parikshit.shinge

Hi Matthew,

The requirement let say be: I have to show Sales & Profit for each customer in a chart. Sales would be bars and Profit would be line. So i made dual axis chart. But now the line which represents Profit needs to be little different than the regular line like dashed line or dotted line.

I tried using reference line scoped for each cell but the lines don't get connected to each other which is not acceptable.