1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 10:27 AM by Andre Monteiro

error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...

Patrick Myles

Hi all -

Has anyone had this error when publishing from desktop to public?  i've had no trouble until just now. my internet connection seems fine....

Thanks,

Patrick

• 1. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
          Matthias Goossens

Hey Patrick,

Are you still having this problem at this moment?

I checked the status of Tableau Public and it didn't have any issues since December 8th:

Try one of the following solutions:

1) Create a new Tableau Workbook and connect to a simple excel sheet and try to connect to Tableau Public

2) Connect to Tableau Public from a different computer

3) Double check your internet connection

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Matthias

• 2. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
            Patrick Myles

Hi Matthias - thanks for the response.  unfortunately the problem is still there.  i've tried creating new workbooks and internet connection seems fine - so i can try from a different computer perhaps.  thanks for the idea in helping me troubleshoot this..

Regards

Patrick

• 3. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
              Matthias Goossens

Hey Patrick,

No problem!

You can also try to test with a different version of Tableau Desktop?

Cheers,

Matthias

• 4. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                Patrick Myles

yeh i had that in mind too but wasn't looking to downgrading as wasn't sure how that would go.. but might be the only way to try!

• 5. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                  Nils Larsson

Hi

I've had the same problem as Patrick during the entire day. I have tested different internet connections, different versions of tableau public as well as the desktop version 10.0 and 10.1 . Also several computers,  both mac and pc. I'dont know what else to do. We have a release of a large compiicated wiz tomorrow.

Regards

Nils Larsson

Stockholm Sweden

• 6. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                    Patrick Myles

Hi Nils,

I'm slightly relieved i'm not the only one here although I'm sure you're frustrated like me.  I've put a support ticket to tableau and waiting for contact from an engineer.  I'll let you know as soon as i have any solutions!

Patrick

• 7. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                      Mo O'Keefe

I am having the same issue. I could publish fine until the evening of Dec 13. I have tried multiple scenarios - different pcs - one with and one without a firewall, checked internet connection, upgraded to latest patch, new workbook vs old workbook, simple data connection (ie, Excel), created a port 80 connection, etc. Nothing has worked. I put in a work ticket too but have heard nothing yet. Please post if you get an update. Thanks!

• 8. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                        Patrick Myles

thanks for letting us know.  so far 3 of us with the same prob.  i'm still waiting to hear back from support - will write here if i hear something!

thanks

patrick

• 9. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                          Bruce Segal

I'll add a fourth, my brother, with this exact same problem and a 5th with a different problem that is likely related.

If anyone learns anything please post the info here.

the 4th person:

my brother got these exact same error messages

- Using Tableau ver 10.1

- Using windows 7

- location, suburban Philadelphia, Pa., U.S.A.

- encountered 12-13-16 around 8pm EST

- has tried the following which have all failed:

-- deactivating his fire wall and then trying to publish to tableau public

-- uninstalling and reinstalling tableau

-- uninstalling windows 7 updates that he made btwn last successful publishing and 1st failure.

-- installed tableau on a different computer with windows

-- pleading, cursing and gnashing his teeth at tableau public

the 5th person, maybe:

I encountered the following problem on Friday 12/9/16 around 6:30p EDT in suburban Philadelphia, Pa. U.S.A. It's different than what everyone else reported and started a few days earlier. I don't know if it's related.

- using Tableau ver 10.1

- using a windows 7 machine

- using Firefox ver 50.02

- successfully published a workbook around 6:15/6:20p to tableau public

- when I tried to publish an update around 6:30p, I got the first error message below from w/in Tableau desktop. It's a 502 error.

- then i tried to publish it again w/in a few minutes and got the 2d error message inside my browser window, which also is a 502 error.

-- even though I got that error when I reloaded my tableau public page the workbook had been uploaded to tableau public and worked.

- Since then every time I try to publish to Tableau public, I get the 3d error message below from inside tableau desktop, that I've timed out. Sometimes I get the message immediately. Sometimes tableau desktop shows me a progress screen that indicates it's uploading the workbook and each of my 4 dashboard. Other times, I get the error message immediately.

I'm open to any info or ideas anyone has.

here are my 3 error messages

1st error message.jpg

Second Error message on 12-9-16 at 6:30p edt

Tableau Public error message.PNG

3d Error message. this is the one I've gotten every time I've tried to publish to Tableau Public over the past 6 days.

Tableau Desktop Error Message Timed Out.PNG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                            Patrick Myles

thanks Bruce.  unfortunately i've sitll not heard the support on this.  i will let you all know as soon as i know something and please do the same if you open tickets with the support.

Patrick

• 11. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                              Ben DeJesus

Hello,

I'm getting the same error message trying to save from desktop to tableau public since yesterday.  Tried different versions (9.3 and 10.0) and same error message.

• 12. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                                Maureen O'Keefe

I just received a call from Tableau tech support. They report this is a trending widespread issue and are consolidating work tickets for their engineers. It seems to be high priority. The only work-around they offered is limited and only applies to workbooks already published to Public. You need to download Tableau Public Desktop, download the workbook, and edit it in that version. You should be able to republish, according to tech support.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: error: tableau cannot connect to tableau public...
                                  Andre Monteiro

Same problem here, bro.

I'm in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Internet connection is fine, tried desktop and public and got no success.

Cheers

1 2 Previous Next