A dashboard is made up of several sheets. The instructions you're reading are suggesting you create a sheet per tile, then add those to the dashboard using the float option.
With regards to your specific formatting questions, it's really difficult to tell you how to achieve them without seeing a Tableau Packaged Workbook as I'm not sure how you've managed to implement each of the features in the first place. Upload a workbook and we'll see what we can do.
How do I do that, i can only see options to add links, video, or picture.
Click 'Advanced edit and add an attachment' in the top right of the message composer.
You're using a label on top of the square, so to pull the arrow up onto the same line as the %, you should just edit your label and pull the reference to the Arrows field up a line.
Regarding the coloring, here's the quickest and easiest way to achieve this;
1. Create a new calc called ArrowUp as If [Delivered] > 80 THEN "↑" END
2. Create a new calc called ArrowNoChange as If [Delivered] > 60 and [Delivered] <=80 THEN '→' END
3. Create an ArrowDown calc following the same methodology outlined for the above two.
4. Drag the new fields onto the label button.
5. Edit the label, align the arrow references onto the same line as the percentage then color each reference green, amber and red;
Thanks Tom, that's a great help. I still can't edit the arrow though so it runs along side all the text.
The arrow is there, your background color makes it very difficult to see based on the color green you've selected.
Here's what I was able to achieve, see attached. Please note it's created in Tableau 10.1.1 so you'll likely need to upgrade.
This approach isn't perfect, there are definitely limitations to it.
Here's the summary of how I achieved it;
- Create a new calculated field called '1' with a value of 1
- Create a new calculated field called '3' with a value of three
- Drag Department out onto columns, drag the new '1' field onto columns, set it to MIN. Drag '3' onto columns, set it to min.
- Right click '3' on the columns shelf and set it up as a Dual Axis. Set the axis to Synchronize.
- Edit the axis range, change it to start at 1 and end at 4.
- On the marks click, click the MIN(1) item. Remove the arrow references so it looks like
- On the marks card, click the MIN(3) item. Set it to 'Text' and remove everything but the arrows so it looks like;
- Format the label for MIN(3), set all your text to right align and increase the font size.
- Right click your header on the axis and select Show Header to hide it.
blend_tw.twbx 12.7 MB