Is it a single node cluster? If so, it should be fairly straight forward (I think) as long as the IP address does not change.
- If the customer facing URL is pointed at the IP, then there should not be an impact here. Besides you wanting to change it to a different URL and also updating the subscriptions and alerts
- No other changes that I can recall, it will probably require a tabadmin restart
If it's a multi-node cluster, the story is more complex as the workers point to the primary via the host name
Thanks Jeff for your response. Its the multi-node cluster. So, how can we proceed further in this scenario?
Regarding customer facing url ,we just want to change the url.
My best guess is to detach the workers and then reattach. It may not be 100% necessary, but it's the safest route...
Ok Jeff. So, let me know if I go wrong in below sequence
1. Take the back up for safety
2. Stop the server
3. Detach the workers
4. Perform Modifications in Primary
5. Reattach the workers
6. Finally restart the server
Thanks in advance,
my advice is "free" advice. You should definitely test it.
Sure Jeff. Thanks a lot