3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2016 1:01 AM by Simon Runc

Seeking Help with Navigation Buttons (Double Clicking Issue)

Grant Wittenberg

Hello Tableau Community,

I am working on some dashboards that seek to use navigation buttons for a better user experience over the normal tab navigation.

I came across two problems while using action filters (action filters seem to provide the most intuitive experience for users):

1) Buttons have boxes around them when selected. (Not visually appreciated)

2) When returning to previous pages, double clicking was necessary to first unselect previously clicked buttons.

I have solve the first problem with the “blank png duel axis chart method” described here:

https://www.interworks.com/blog/rrouse/2014/11/03/creating-multi-state-buttons-tableau

I have seen some methods on the forums to solve the second issue. However, they are clunky and do not seem to work in combination with the fix to issue #1.

I would be happy to learn any ideas that you might have to solve this problem.

**Attached is a workbook that has the first fix implemented for navigation throughout (Content deleted). 

Thank you for your time and any assistance you can provide,

Grant