Please use the following link to apply on the company website directly: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=3029930&lang=en#.WEV58eWCwtA.email
As a member of the Decision Support Systems team, the individual will be part of a fast-paced environment committed to delivering critical strategic and operating insights to key business executives and decision makers at Brigham & Women’s Hospital. The person will utilize Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, and SAS Web Report Studio to tap into BWH and Partners data assets and build an essential library of standard and custom reports, dashboards, and cubes, while also building prompted reports to empower end users to have data available at their fingertips for decision-making. The person may also leverage ETL tools such as SAS Data Integration Studio to integrate data into BWH’s data resources for use on reports and dashboards. The person will have responsibility for maintaining and administering the BI server environment, including building and managing project workbooks, job scheduling, developing metrics, attributes, hierarchies, performing user and group maintenance, and monitoring system performance. The incumbent will have a good understanding of data warehouse implementations as well as possess good data analysis, and SQL skills. This person will take on project management responsibilities to manage the development and implementation of new features and functions for projects that are small to medium in size. This person will need to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Work with end users, DSS analysts, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance business analytics capabilities using Tableau’s Business Intelligence tools.
- 2. Construct and maintain an appropriate, scalable, and easy-to-use infrastructure with Tableau support the development of actionable reports used in decision-making across the hospital.
- 3. Develop and maintain BWH’s Business Intelligence reports, dashboards, cubes, and scorecards to deliver information requests and deepen the analytics capabilities of BWH operations, fiscal, and administrative staff.
- 4. Triage, troubleshoot and resolve report issues from end users as well as support data integrity tickets.
- 5. Perform data analysis, including data profiling into BWH and Partners data warehouses, to obtain a good understanding of data availability, relationships and nuances for consideration of BI solution design.
- 6. Integrate new data into BWH’s data environment as required for reporting using ETL Tools.
- 7. Develop and maintain standards pursuant to BWH’s reporting architecture, report documents, dashboards, cubes, and other reporting development practices.
- 8. May serve as project manager resource for relevant analytics projects, including meeting facilitation, resource management, and stakeholder expectation setting.
- 9. Create and/or perform peer review of Business Intelligence reports or ETL code from other analysts and programmers to ensure that all code and reports conform to BWH and DSS standards and guidelines.
- 10. Create and execute test plans and test scripts for unit and system testing of ETL code and reports, based upon requirements specifications.
- 11. Develop and enforce change management and versioning processes surrounding new releases of dashboards and ETL jobs, and evaluate and recommend new tools and methodologies to assist with change and version management.
- 12. Migrate Business Intelligence artifact changes between development, test, training, and production environments and maintain a proper development cycle.
- 13. Assist with performing upgrades of BWH’s reporting environment when necessary.
- 14. Assist with performing change impact analysis on code changes in order to assist with estimating level of effort required for code changes and testing.
- 15. Review current operational data structures and data flows and recommend optimizations and opportunities for automation.
- 16. Evaluate and recommend new tools and methodologies to assist in meeting business requirements through data integration and reporting.
- 17. Provide training to DSS team and end-users on key analytic and reporting systems and databases when necessary.
- 18. May represent DSS on internal and external committees or task forces as needed. The Developer may play a role in presenting data and analyses to key stakeholder groups independently, as requested.
- 19. Performs all other related duties as required.
Skills and Abilities
- 1. Three (3) or more years of experience as a Report Developer in a RDMS environment
- 2. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3. Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS), and an understanding of relational database design.
- 4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 5. Some experience in web development preferable
- 6. Proven ability to pay attention to details in a fast-paced environment with multiple initiatives. Keeps track of various deadlines and is consistent in meeting them.
- 7. Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day to day activities conducted in a fast-paced environment.
- 1. Must have a bachelor’s degree preferably in the area of management information systems or similar; masters degree is beneficial.
- 2. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- 3. Must be capable of working independently with limited to no supervision.
- 4. Must possess a strong understanding of Business Intelligence architecture and development skills, preferably with Tableau. Other BI tool knowledge is transferrable and candidates will be considered with similar toolset skills.
- 5. Must be able to identify, triage, and resolve or dispatch issues.
- 6. Must be willing to contribute to and foster a team player culture where all are encouraged and willing to share information accurately.
- 7. Must possess strong data analysis skills and be able to perform data analysis using SQL or similar methods
- 8. Working knowledge of HTML, ASP (1.0) and ASP.NET(1.0, 2.0) using Vb script and Java script is a plus, but not required
- 9. Experience in Health Care a plus, but not required
Fast paced office environment that requires teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility.
No direct supervisory responsibility.
No specific fiscal responsibilities.