3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 10:01 AM by Matthew Risley

Set Values in Calculated Field

Aditya Singh

I have a requirement where I have to use the multi select parameter values in calculated field but parameter doesn't support multiple value. So I created a set and using it could get the multiple values selection and change the visualization dynamically but can't use it in calculated field.

Like-

Set Values Selected: 123, 432, 234

iif(OrderID = [Set], [OrderID],null)

Any alternate way to get this calculation working?

• 1. Re: Set Values in Calculated Field
          Matthew Risley

This is a feature people have been wanting for a while now. And i am with you!

How many order ID's do you have?

You could write it out by hand? Unfortunately, this is what I ended up doing for a view of mine:

If [Order ID] = 1 or [Order ID] =2 or [Order ID] = 3, ....... then [something].  so on and so forth.

This is not really a solution and I feel your pain.

If you don't mind me asking, if you can change the view dynamically with the set- why use a calculated field? If you're looking to filter for the Document ID's in the set you could drag the Set to filters and select "IN"

• 2. Re: Set Values in Calculated Field
            Aditya Singh

Hi Matthew

I can't write values in expression as there are 1000's of values of order ID's(eg. Order ID of superstore data set). Actually based on these selected values I have to create one calculated field, which again is used in another calculated field.

My requirement is to capture the user's input for "Patient Id's" selected in parameter/set.

• 3. Re: Set Values in Calculated Field
              Matthew Risley

Aditya,

I figured that you couldn't hand write it out, darn.

Is it a type of calculation that you can create without the use of the set and then just filter the view by the set itself?

If possible, a sample workbook and an explanation of the desired output could give others somewhere to start?