1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 12:43 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

What url(s) does Tableau Server need access to for the google analytics connector to work?

Judith Lanzo

users are trying to publish workbooks that are using the Google Analytics connector to Tableau Server.  Our Tableau SErver environment does not have open internet access so I believe this to be a firewall issue.  I need to know what url(s) need to be opened on the servers to allow this to work.  Thanks

• 1. Re: What url(s) does Tableau Server need access to for the google analytics connector to work?
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Judith,

If the workbook is created locally on a pc that has internet access, then it will be able to access google analytics.  The users can then publish that workbook to Tableau Server since all GA workbooks utilize extracts, and it should continue to work.  However, the server can not be setup to refresh that workbook since the server has no access.  

Options - the user could update the viz each X periods based on the needs of the viewer.  This could even be with done automatically each day using the -refreshextract option from the command line with a local copy of tableau desktop. 

the command would be something like

tableau refreshextract --datasoruce "GoogleAnalytics" -c configfile.txt 

Online help covers this topic here:  Tableau Data Extract Command-Line Utility

I hope this helps. 

Patrick