2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 1:26 AM by sudhakar reddy

Unable to sort by numeric field

Goutam Mohan

Hi,

In the file attached, the "dashboard 2" which uses "sheet 3",

• I am not able to sort the table in the bottom half to sort them by Salary
      • Also, I am not able to find out how to position the table in the centre.

Please find attached.

• 1. Re: Unable to sort by numeric field
          Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Goutham,

In your screenshot, it appears that you have tried sorting using the Name by clicking the sort icon appearing to the right to it. This has sorted the Name column alphabetically.

You can choose to sort the data by choosing Name and doing the below operation. Go to the Sort option of the city and select the Sort order and measure using which you would like to sort the data. In your case it should be salary.

To position your table to the center either you can choose the Entire view option. This will spread the table to all its dimensions.

If that spreads too much then you can choose to make sheet as a floating object and place the sheet where ever you wish to keep it. To make chart floating please do the following.

Sorry I couldn't help you in the actual workbook since it newer version than what I am using currently.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Chaudhari

• 2. Re: Unable to sort by numeric field
            sudhakar reddy

Hello Goutham,

as explained by ashish,Its pretty easy and since he doesn't have the supporting version to open your .twbx. i had done the things what he tried to explain you.

Please Find the Attached workbook.

Regards,

Sudhakar Reddy