Were you able to resolve your issue?
I have a similar requirement for a WDC we are developing. The API call requires that a POST method be issued to establish an authenticated session (basic auth) with the end point server and use the cookies information from response to make any further requests (as part of the request header).
Would you recommend any approach/suggestions in this case?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Ultimately we removed WebSEAL from whole architecture and led to following architecture:
1) Hosted Tableau WDC html and js on an unauthenticated Web Server.
2) Asked user to provide credential in Interactive phase.
3) Passed on credentials from UI Interactive phase to Data Collection phase in connectionData, using following code:
tableau.connectionName = assetName;
tableau.connectionData = accountid + '|~|' + password;
4) On the Data Collection side, retrieved credentials from connection Data.
5) Passed credentials in Request Header as basic authentication to the API call.
6) API comprise of the Data which do Auth on Server side.