2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2016 1:57 PM by Gail Boozer

ArcGIS to Tableau for Mac Users??

Gail Boozer

Sorry if this topic has already been addressed.   I searched but can't find anything.

From my research to use ArcGIS as a map service in Tableau you have to have "desktop" (ArcGIS) installed.   This is only available for PC/Windows.   Does anyone have a workaround for Mac?    I currently have a trial license for the online public version but nothing can be exported or linked to from it.

I've done research on map service providers, and I haven't found anything to knock my socks off.   Mapbox looks very cool but it takes a brain surgeon to use the interface and customize.   ArcGIS is really easy to use.

Thanks in advance!!

• 1. Re: ArcGIS to Tableau for Mac Users??
          Patrick Van Der Hyde

Hello Gail,

Are you trying to use ArcGIS basemaps?  I'm unclear what is being attempted with Tableau.  In addition, we have a few folks in the forums that are very familiar with Mapbox and might be resources if that is a route you find interesting.  We just need a bit more detail about what is being attempted so we can point you in the right direction or find a helping hand. 

Patrick 

• 2. Re: ArcGIS to Tableau for Mac Users??
            Gail Boozer

We aren't looking to do anything too fancy, but we want to be able to add some points of interest on a better looking base map than what Tableau offers.   I have tested Mapbox already, and once you figure out how to create your map getting it into Tableau is super easy.   I have created arcGIS maps, but because we all have Macs instead of PCs I can't download the desktop software to export a map. 

Thanks.