If both of the tables have same data source, you can use first table as a filter for second table. You can refer the tutorial on how to do that here: How to use Sheet as a Filter in Tableau - Analytics Tuts
Hope this helps.
Thanks Nachiket Dekhane for a quick reply.
You are talking about actions in dashboard. this is not what I intended.
I need to populate both the tables simultaneously whenever the filters (In my case product and month) are selected.
After a long fight got the solution. In brief it looks like this -
- Create 2 calculated fields each for various status (Submitted, Accepted etc.). One CC will have Windowsum of Records and another uses this CC to get No. of records for each status categories.
- Use table calculation for each column to fill all the cell for each Region with sum of Records.
- Create rank of each row (i.e, for each Region for each status) for each Region and move the status from row to detail.
- Filter data for rank 1 only. this will give No. of records for each region for each status in column.
- Create 4 new CC, each for Acceptance, Realization etc. and use the formula mentioned in screenshot to get their values.
- Use table calculation on status to get required data. This gives 2nd table.
This is not the complete solution but ideas that can help anyone to solve similar problem. Hope it helps.