4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 9:04 AM by Jose Alvarenga

Need help with a Global Filter working across multiple data sources

Jose Alvarenga

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working with a dashboard that has 4 different data sources and the only thing in common among all are zip code and counties. 1 of the 4 data sources contains an extra field, "Regions" which I would like to use as a global filter in my dashboard, however, because I have different primary sources in two of the sheets being in my dashboard, this "Regions" filter will not work in all sheets, it only works works in those with the same primary source. Is there a way to get this to work??

Also, I am using "Data Relationship" across all 4 data sources.

Brief illustration:

Data Sources

Data Source 1, 2, 3 , 4

Common fields - Zip, County

Data Source 4 - Contains additional field, Regions.

Sheets in Dashboard

All, except 2 sheets in dashboard have the primary source as data source 1, and the last two sheets have data source 4 as its primary goal.

Dashboard

Because of this, I am unable to create a global filter on Regions because either a) The Regions field is not present in all data sources and/or b) because I am using two different primary sources.

Is there a work around with this, I would like to be able to create a global filter for regions that would work among all data sources in the same dashboard (btw I can't use data source 4 as the primary for the other sheets).

Thank you for your help!!