3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 4:57 AM by Ashish Chaudhari

Tableau Mobile App

Dhanashree Arole

Hi,

I am able to sign in successfully on my tablet on tableau server (public.tableau.com), however when I try it on my smartphone (iPhone 6S) after downloading the app, it gives me this error:

"We are unable to log you in. Please double check your email address and password, then try again. If you continue to have trouble, please contact our Customer Support team for help."

Do they have 800 number?

Thanks,

Dhanashree Arole

• 1. Re: Tableau Mobile App
          Robin Cottiss

Hello Dhanashree,

What you should get (and what I get) is a message that says you cannot sign into Tableau Public from the App and it should give an option to open a browser. It might be interesting for the community and Tableau to know why you would want to connect to Tableau Public from the App because it is not supported at this time.

IMG_5492.PNG

Robin

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau Mobile App
            Dhanashree Arole

Oh well that explains it, thanks.

To test the dashboard and its content & layout for audience who access it on the go. I will check out if it works on iPAD and my other tablet. The basic understanding is that the dashboard must be light weight if being accessed on smartphone due to screen space ratio between smartphone and tablet.

So essentially all the mobile layouts available such as iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, Nexus, Nokia cannot be tested on real devices in current version of Tableau? We have to wait until next version?

Thanks,

Dhanashree Arole

• 3. Re: Tableau Mobile App
              Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Dhanshree,

I am the android user. I was very happy when I came to know that Tableau App for Android is available on the playstore. It didn't last long as first thing I tried connecting to the Tableau public to checkout my viz's on the Tableau public. I can connect to Tableau online and Tableau server in premise.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Chaudhari