2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 9:55 AM by eric ganbat

Updating Parameters

eric ganbat

Hi All,

I have report that shows previews 5 weeks data based on drop down in the dashboard. I was able make it work by using Parameters,but I am having problem to update Parameters values as new data gets added to our server. is there any way to  auto refresh the Paramater or is there way to create same report without using Parameters.

I have replicated what i did with sample data.Thanks for the help Everyone.

• 1. Re: Updating Parameters
          D Barnetson

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, parameters are static filters, but there is something you can do.

Change your 'Allowable values' from 'List' to Range' within your parameter.

Set your 'Range of values' starting with the 'minimum' being your earliest date and your 'maximum' as some date approximately a year or so into the future.

Set your 'Step size' to 7 or 14 days (or 1 to 2 weeks). See image below:

Now, it may not be exactly what you were hoping for, and you will eventually have to update it (by changing the maximum), but it gives you a little more leverage as far as dates go.

The new parameter will look more like this:

...verses a drop down filter.

Hope this helps.

Don

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Updating Parameters
            eric ganbat

Thank you. Since there is not way around to auto refresh the Parameters. I think this is good solution to solve the issue