4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 4:35 PM by Norbert Maijoor

SORT Set

Mikey Michaels

Hello Friends,

I hope this message finds you well.

On the attached, I have a set that I would like help sorting. This set is tied to a date calculation called "Select Date Level" -> which allows the user to show results at a quarter level or month level.

The set works fine, however, I'm struggling to figure out how to sort. I would like to sort by each month and quarter individually. Simply clicking on the manual sort button at the top of the column does not fix my problem as it just sorts the items currently in the view.

For instance, if I  sort on month "2016012" I would expect to see the following Customers:

instead I currently see the following:

like mentioned before, the manual sort at the column heading is only sorting the current view. I need the sort to adjust the set and then sort in descending order.

I hope I'm not being confusing.

Regards,

Mikey

• 1. Re: SORT Set
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Mikey,

Find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 9.3

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SORT Set
            Mikey Michaels

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for the help.

I feel like we are really close to coming to the resolution on this; however, we are not quite there.

I followed your instructions and applied the same logic to my actual sheet and I need some follow-up help.

The set you created, "Set 1", manually filtered certain Sub-categories, while I need the Top 10 to be dynamic. When I remove the manual filter on the set, I'm still running into an issue. I would like to sort by each month and quarter individually and have the Set then update the Top 10 -> meaning on some months certain products will be included in the Top 10, and others will not be included in the view.

See my tab called "Month 2". Here I'm sorting on June 2014. The Top 10 sub-categories would be the following:

However, following your process on tab "Month"  the sub-category "Copier" is included even though the sales were $0. How can I adjust the Set and/or the Top 10 filter so the actual top 10 is shown (like the chart above) when filtering on a particular month?

Cheers,

Mikey

• 3. Re: SORT Set
              Norbert Maijoor

Hi Mickey,

Find attached the updated workbook version 9.3

• 4. Re: SORT Set
                Norbert Maijoor

Hi Mikey,

Glad I could help out. Thanks for the "Awards". Much appreciated.

Have a nice one.