3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 8:00 AM by David Li

"cross" filtered data

sagiv malki

Hi,

I have few customers' groups - business, premium and private, and a list of code transactions (e.g., 101,103,206,209 etc..)

I'm trying to display the amount of transaction for each group in one sheet.

The problem is that I each customer group has it's relevant transactions. For example, transactions codes to premium customers are 101 and 103, and for private customers 101 and 206. 

So I want that total transactions for all groups and sub-totals (for example, when I'm choosing to display only premium customers using filter) will take into account only the relevant transactions.

How can I do it?

Your help will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: "cross" filtered data
          David Li

Hi Sagiv, you should be able to do this using a parameter. You probably won't be able to do everything you described using just normal filters, since the transaction codes appear to overlap between the categories you've specified.

1. Create a string parameter that gives you options from a list. That list should consist of the customer groups. Let's call this parameter [Customer Group].
          2. Create a calculated field that you'll use as a filter. It'll probably look something like this:

CASE [Customer Group]

WHEN "Premium" THEN [Code] = 101 OR [Code] = 103

WHEN "Private" THEN [Code] = 101 OR [Code] = 206

... (Add your other groups here)

END

3. Add this as a filter and include TRUE.
          • 2. Re: "cross" filtered data
            sagiv malki

Hi,

First of all I'd like to thank you for your answer.

The problem is it tells me that I can't use boolean type in case expression.

any suggestions?

• 3. Re: "cross" filtered data
              David Li

Ah, I totally forgot about that, sorry. You can change this to a standard Boolean statement:

([Customer Group] = "Premium" AND ([Code] = 101 OR [Code] = 103))

OR

([Customer Group] = "Private" AND ([Code] = 101 OR [Code] = 206))

OR

... (etc etc)