Please find below. Kindly let me know if this helps. The current view displays all the years in the Order date as line graph
Below is the Viz using Bar.
HI Rekha, Thanks for the reply.
Can you please attach the workbook so that I can take a look at logic used. Also i want user to select one year only but the view to be build in a way that it display current year and previous year value.Thanks !
In your logic, the user has to select specific years.Thanks !
Rekha, thanks for sharing the workbook.
In your logic, you have created a year filter. User has to select years and then he gets the view.
What I am looking for is:
1. Year parameter( or may b something else) - where user select FY 16 and the viz gets populated with both FY16 and FY15 values
2. I want both years values to be like side-by side bar. Not like first vertical bars for Top 5 products for FY 16 and then vertical bars of ToP 5 products for FY 15.
can you let me know how that can be incorporated in your logic ?
Please find attached the workbook.Steps followed as below
1. Create a Duplicate copy of Source as the expected solution is derived using Blending
2. Create a Dimension "Blend" as placeholder in both the Sources and join "Blend" field only.
3. Create a Calculated field as shown below from Primary Source (Original Data Source)
4. Filter: Order Date by Year from Secondary source
Filter: Current and previous Year filter calculated filed (Measure) from primary source
Filter: Set or Top N products ti display only the IN products by Members Name.
Columns : Set to display the Members
Columns : Order ID from primary Source
User can select one year at a time and viz will be displayed for Current (Selected) year and prior year for Top N Products controlled by the parameter.