Are you able to share a workbook? You would likely get more assistance since it will better illustrate the issue. Check out this posting for how to annonymize data: Anonymize your Tableau Package Data for Sharing
To do this, you need to use LOD in tableau.
This can be easily done by using CONTEXT FILTERS..
Lets say you want to list out top 10 customers for each brand.
1. Apply top 10 filter on Customers.
2. Also bring Brand dimension on filter shelf and apply show filter on it.
3. right click on Brand on filter shelf
4. click on ADD TO CONTEXT.
Here in my example, i am refering to the superstore dataser, in which brand= Subcategory, Customer= Product name.
Refer to workbook attached.
RYAN.twbx 1.2 MB
This is great but it is only showing the top 10 overall, what if you wanted to show the top 10 for each sub-category selected?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Find the workbook attached, this will solve your query even further.
Simple steps to achieve this :
1) Create a CAlc. field called "Rank" - INDEX()
2) Take subcategory and product name in row shelf
3) Convert Rank() Calc field to Discrete and drag it in between of Subcategory and Product name
4) Right click on Rank() and Edit Table Calculations--> Compute using specific dimension--> check both subcategory and product name--> deepest level(Product name)--> restarting every (Subcategory)
5)Ctrl and Drag Rank() from row shelf to filter
6)convert rank to continuous at filter shelf
7)Range--> keep till 10 for top 10.
8) Show filter on subcategory
Please let me know if it helps and mark it correct
Have a great day!