5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2016 9:57 AM by Dmitry Chirkov

Create a single chart for multiple SQL Datasource

Vijay Kumar

I have reports for 5 different SQL DB but now as separate reports. I want to see the total count of tickets from all locations by date in a single chart. I really have no idea. so I have tried preparing a packaged workbook using excel to explain my SQL scenario

I have similar tables with same column names (not even a single change) but in 5 different SQL servers. So current setup is separate report for each SQL server.

Let us take an example TABLE A as 1st SQL Server. I have the data as below

TABLE B is the 2nd SQL server with the below data / result

I want to combine these data from different servers for showing it on to one single chart like

For Jan 1 what is the count of tickets for China, Denver, Canada and India in one single chart / dashboard.

1) I understood that if this is multiple excel files then we could achieve this by using Tab 9.3 which has the UNION functionality

2) If I have the data in different tables but in same SQL server, we could create a SQL view for combining the tables in to one before bringing this inside Tableau

3) I really have no clue on how to proceed further. But if we could do this then it's a wonder