3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2018 2:44 AM by Giacomo Vannucchi

The filtering operation did not complete successfully because of an unexpected error.

Gregory Zarefes

I wanted to create a stacked bar chart showing where our sales came from (4 different channels), each has been calculated as its own measure.

The article is here:  Creating a Stacked Bar Chart Using Multiple Measures | Tableau Software

I am able to put it in a text table format, and confirm that the four channels match overall sales.

When I try to create it as a stacked bar chart (Option 1, Step 3 of the shown link) it does not filter because of the error in the title here.

Each of the 4 measures has a logic in it that basically says "for the past, take actuals, for this month project the remainder of the month, for the future project the entire month".

I tried making it a separate workbook from the one I was working in, in case something had gotten corrupted or not saved properly, but I still get the same error message - there are only 7 measures in this including the 4 calculated.

How can I overcome this message to filter properly?

I notice the following user Getting error while connecting to sql analysis server had the same error message for a different reason and got one response advising to create a ticket with tech support - how would one go about creating one of those if necessary?