10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2016 9:15 AM by Yuriy Fal

Get percentage of cohort instead of simply 'percent of total'

Peter Cox

Hi all,

I am working on a cohort analysis. I have two different tables, (1) user table with 'date_created' of each account and (2) login table with all logins per user with the specific login date. I have constructed already a table which shows the unique logins per period (per month in my example) but now I want to have this number divided by the # of created accounts in a specific period (cohort). Simply running percent of total will give a percentage of total unique logins instead of a percentage of the created account in a month.

The table below shows the number of Unique logins per period for specific cohorts (users who created an account in a specific period). I want to have the following percentage (%):

Unique logins for a certain period (COUNTD of logins, from login table) divided by the cohort for a specific month (COUNT of accounts created, from user table).

For October, it is not simply 10/426 = 2.35%, because there were 550 users who created an account in October 2016. So the outcome should be 426/550= 77.45% in Month 1 and 10/550=1.82% in month 2. But I don't know how to get the number divided by the specific cohort of 550.

Can someone help me to get the right formula?

Many thanks in advance for your help!