1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 6, 2016 2:56 AM by Timothy Vermeiren

use dimension(categorize) with discrete values and mesure with continues values on color marks

masy.alipour

Hi

I work with Tableau Public.

I have a measure(POPULATION) on color marks on maps and I have a Dimension(AREA) with two type ('r' and 'b') on filters.

I want change variant of the color in the sequential color range of measure(POPULATION) when I filter on Dimension(AREA).

in sheet1:

1- I drop a measure(POPULATION) with continues values on the in color on marks , it has quantitative legend with a continuous range of colors.

2- I drop typically a Dimension(AREA)('r' and 'b') with discrete values on color on the marks. it has a color to each value of the Dimension(Area).

in sheet2:

3-I drop Dimension(Area) on shape marks in the other sheet. and I want filter on Dimension(Area) in dashboard.

in dashboard with sheet1 and sheet2:

I want to select one of shapes 's icon ( type of Area). After select, color of population change.

for example: when I filter 'r' type of area ,the spectrum color of Measure(POPULATION) is color range of  red.

and when I filter on 'b' type of area , the spectrum color for Measure(POPULATION) is color range of blue.

it is possible?

thanks!