3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 9:29 PM by Rudranshu Praharaj

# of records?

Vishal D

How do I calculate the # of records of underlying data and not the aggregated data which I am showing in widget

• 1. Re: # of records?
          Matt Lutton

{FIXED: SUM([Number of Records]} will always return the underlying total # of records -- otherwise, the measure is aggregated to the level of the dimensions in your view/worksheet. Its an LOD expression: Top 15 LOD Expressions | Tableau Software

You could alternatively just build a second sheet with SUM(Number of Records) on Text by itself, and that would give you the total # of underlying records as well.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: # of records?
            Vishal D

Matt, for some reason the Fixed logic is also not working.

I attached the twbx, on tool tip of pie chart I want to show count of # of underlying records.

For e.g - Quality - there are 6 records and count should be 6 but I am getting only 1

• 3. Re: # of records?
              Rudranshu Praharaj

Hi Vishal,

I am having trouble connecting to data in the given Tableau workbook.

But I would suggest using the LOD expression something like this { Fixed [Least_granule_dimension]:[sum ( Number of Records)]} .

Try and fix the LOD with the least granule dimension available, see if that works.

Also could you attach another sample file for me to take a look, if this does not work.