2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 4:57 AM by Helen Rowson

Limitations of Data Extract functionality??

Helen Rowson

Hi,

I have the following graph in Tableau which uses two basic calculated fields.  When I use the live link the graph generates with no problem, but as soon as I turn on the 'data extract' it doesn't work.  I have other tabs which use similar calculated fields and they don't have this problem.  See screenshots attached.  Can anyone think of any limitations of the data extract functionality that would cause this problem?  Many thanks in advance for your help.

Helen

• 1. Re: Limitations of Data Extract functionality??

Hi Helen Rowson,

I have some questions to better support the thread:

1. Are you using Python or Java?
          2. Do you receive any error message when you run the calculated field with a data extract?
          • 2. Re: Limitations of Data Extract functionality??
            Helen Rowson

HI Lénaïc RIÉDINGER

I’m not sure whether it’s Python or Java.  It’s a custom SQL query that connects to a Microsoft SQL server… does that help?  No, no error message, the data just disappears as soon as I change to ‘use extract’ (having previously extracted data of course).

Thanks

Helen

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail