9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2016 1:30 PM by Mark Fagan

Exporting dashboards with global filter using batch file

Jordan Ross

Hi Everyone,

I know that this is a question that has been asked before and I have read through the previous discussions but have still been unable to solve the issue.

I want to export an entire dashboard 8 different times, each with a level of a different global filter applied. I have made a batch file based on previous posts and in theory it should work. If I open a command prompt and enter each line individually, all lines within the batch file work: It sets the command directory for tabcmd, it signs me in, it produces the proper reports in PDF format, and logs me of the server. However, when I try launching the batch file it opens the command prompt and it then immediately shuts down, so I am unable to see why it is failing.

My code is below (with details removed):

cd "C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\9.3\extras\Command Line Utility"

tabcmd login --no-certcheck -s http://tableau.URL:PORTNUMBER -u username -p password

tabcmd export "WORKBOOKNAME/VIEW1?GLOBAL%20FILTER%20NAME=GLOBAL%20FILTER%20NUMBER%20ONE" --fullpdf -f "X:\FILEPATH\FILENAME1.pdf" --no-certcheck

tabcmd export "WORKBOOKNAME/VIEW1?GLOBAL%20FILTER%20NAME=GLOBAL%20FILTER%20NUMBER%20TWO" --fullpdf -f "X:\FILEPATH\FILENAME2.pdf" --no-certcheck

(repeated for each option in the global filter)

tabcmd logout

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!