1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 5:05 PM by diego.medrano

Advance Analytics in Tableau - More Features Like K-Means Clustering

Akriti Lal

In Tableau 10 we have the option of using algorithm K-means clustering . Sometimes back i posted an article on this ( direct link below) . In one of my training i was asked ,why is Tableau not coming up with more options of supporting more of these Advance Analytics features like some of the other popular machine learning algorithms like SVM , KNN, Logistic Regression , Linear Regression , Decision Tree etc.

Any thoughts why exactly it is  still not there and the time lines by which we can expect them to make a place .

K-means Clustering in Tableau 10.0

Thanks

Akriti

• 1. Re: Advance Analytics in Tableau - More Features Like K-Means Clustering

Hey Akriti,

My best advice is to keep posting ideas and joining beta programs to see what's coming. It seems to me (while I work here, this isn't based on any real inside knowledge) that we were relying more on integrating with R for analysis like K-means clustering and other advanced mathematical analytics. We're making headway into bringing those features natively into the product without the need for outside tools but there's a lot that goes into those features and a long way to go. Again, ideas are the best way to show our devs which of those features should be prioritized.

I hope this helps!

-Diego