5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 12:39 PM by David Li

Half Hour Increments

Dan Gordon

Hello,

Has anyone been able to figure out how to filter using 1/2 hour increments?

My data set is three plus years of Surgical Start Times in format MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS AM/PM. I want to look at all the cases that had a start time within the "scheduled OR Operating Times, in this case 7:30AM to 3:30PM, M-F. 

When I am creating my viz, I can format the datetime field to HOUR or MINUTE but not to HH:MM.  Using Discrete Hour and filtering before 7:00AM gives me results for cases that started between 7:00AM and 7:30AM, which is not valid for this report.  However if I use Discrete Minute, I exclude ALL cases between XX:00 and XX:29, again not valid.

I am sure I am not the only one that has come across this issue.  Can someone please show me how to filter Discrete HH:MM?  

Note: As the data goes back many years (5+) and is 24hr a day, the only option I see coming close to working is to use a set using DOW,HH,MM and excluding anything outside the time frames being reported on.  This is tedious as there are hundreds of combinations and new combinations can be created when the data set is updated.

DOW

HOUR

MIN|          1 2 3 4 5~23

~

I appreciate any and all help.  I am a Tableau newbie, so be gentle

Thanks all,

Dan Gordon

Frederick Memorial Hospital

Frederick, MD

dgordon@fmh.org