I'm not sure of a way to get a list of all the zip codes in one state to show up in the tooltip, and I'm not sure that would even be practical (considering the hundreds of zip codes in states like California). The closest thing I could think of was to make a dashboard with the map and a list of zip codes and an action filter that will show only the relevant zip codes when you hover over a state. Let me know how you think this looks.
Held Rev Example.twbx 244.9 KB
This looks great! I haven't played around with Actions at all but it seems to get the same point across. Since this would be my first time using an Action, would you mind explaining the process so I can recreate? I appreciate all your help.
Of course! Glad to help. Here's the step-by-step process I took:
1. Create a new sheet and drag State Name and Zip Code to rows. Right-click the Zip Code pill and deselect Show Header.
2. In the menu bar at the top, select Analysis>Table Layout and then deselect Show Field Labels for Rows.
3. Drag another instance of Zip Code to Text.
4. Create a new Dashboard and change the Size to Automatic. Drag Sheet 2 into the view.
5. Click the empty space under the Held Revenue Amount color legend so that the blue container is selected, then right-click in the container and select Edit Width. Set the width to 200 pixels.
6. Drag Sheet 3 into that container below the color legend. Right-click the Sheet 3 title and select Hide Title.
7. In the menu bar at the top, select Dashboard>Actions. In the window that pops up, click Add Action>Filter.
8. Make the Sheet 2 the Source and Sheet 3 the Target and make sure Run action on: is set to Hover, then click OK to close out the windows.
Let me know if you run into any problems with this!
Thank you, Benjamin for all of your help! Much appreciated.