6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 6:43 AM by pinki sharma

How to hide measures from Measure names card(Legends)

pinki sharma

Hi,

I have a worksheet  of side by side bar graph and i am using two calculated fields to provide gap between side by side bar graph

calculated field name        formula

dot(.)                                 0

double dot(..)                    0

but these fields are showing in measure names card  and i don't want to show these fields in my measure names shelf.

Attached picture for reference.

Please provide solution ...:-)

Thanks in Advance .

Regards,

Pinki Sharma

• 1. Re: How to hide measures from Measure names card(Legends)
          Mahfooj Khan

You've to hide your measures from the measures pane then show quick filter on measures name. If we consider superstore data then we can see these measures when we show quick filter on measures name

Now as per your requirement you wants to hide two measures from that list. Lets say Discount and Quantity.

First you have to hide both (Discount and Quantity) from measures pane like this

Once done show quick filter on measures name and see both measures are not in the list.

Note: You can only hide those dimensions or measures which are not being used in your worksheet or in any calculations.

Let me know If you've any query.

Mahfooj

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to hide measures from Measure names card(Legends)
            Nai Louza

I managed to find a solution by using a shared and dual axis.

1. Rather than using the two "dot" and "dot dot" calculated fields, create one calculated field that is AVG(0)
            2. Create your shared axis chart with the measure values and names you want displayed. Drag measure names to the colour shelf
            3. Drag the AVG(0) calculation onto the rows next to your measure values pill. Right click on the AVG(0) calc and set to dual axis.
            4. Right click on the axis for your AVG(0) calc in the view and set it to synchronize axis. You can then edit the colour to complete transparency.
            5. Lastly, remove the Measure Names pill from your AVG(0) card. This leaves you with a colour legend that only displays the information for the measure names you have shared.

See attached workbook. I hope that helps

Capture 2.PNG

• 3. Re: How to hide measures from Measure names card(Legends)
              pinki sharma

Hi,

Thanks for your solution ...:-)

I have tried as you suggested.

1. Rather than using the two "dot" and "dot dot" calculated fields, create one calculated field that is AVG(0)
              2. Create your shared axis chart with the measure values and names you want displayed. Drag measure names to the colour shelf
              3. Drag the AVG(0) calculation onto the rows next to your measure values pill. Right click on the AVG(0) calc and set to dual axis.
              4. Right click on the axis for your AVG(0) calc in the view and set it to synchronize axis. You can then edit the colour to complete transparency.
              5. Lastly, remove the Measure Names pill from your AVG(0) card. This leaves you with a colour legend that only displays the information for the measure names you have shared.

but still i didn't find any option to hide  AVG(0) from Measure names.

Please find .twbx and .tde file.

• 4. Re: How to hide measures from Measure names card(Legends)
                pinki sharma

Hi Nai Louza,

That worked perfectly..Thanks a lot...:-)

Earlier i missed last step

(Lastly, remove the Measure Names pill from your AVG(0) card. This leaves you with a colour legend that only displays the information for the measure names you have shared)

Thanks once again...:-)

Regards,

Pinki Sharma

• 5. Re: How to hide measures from Measure names card(Legends)
                  Nai Louza

wonderful! Glad I could help

• 6. Re: How to hide measures from Measure names card(Legends)
                    pinki sharma

Hi,

I am facing some problem ..:-(

I have changed color of AGG(0) to black but when i am moving my cursor over the report that AGG(0) part is heighlighted.

synchronized axis option is  showing disabled so its showing at middle of the report.

How can i enable synchronize axis option .

Thanks in Advance...:-)

Regards,

Pinki Sharma