10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2016 7:03 AM by Rob Rimmer

Table calculation with hidden data

Rob Rimmer

Hi,

I have a crosstab showing data for some providers to our business. The data has YEAR and MONTH in the row shelf and supplier and measure values on the column shelf. One of the measure values is a table calculation showing number of leads received as a percentage of the month (Value A), with the other two measure values being table calculations calculating previous month's value (Value B), and difference between this month and last month (Value C). The table calculations for the latter 2 measure values use a LOOKUP -1 calculated field.

I have been asked to make it so that users can filter the data to predefined periods (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 6 months etc) whilst retaining the measure values comparing current month to previous. I have a parameter and calculated field that puts data within any of the predefined periods in 'In Filter' and data outside of the predefined period in 'Out of Filter'. When I use the calculated field linked to the parameter in the filter shelf, I can no longer see values B and C; although I was expecting this as the data in this instance is filtered.

What I can't work out how to do is to hide the data using the field without breaking the table calculations I have for values B and C.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.