1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 4:31 PM by diego.medrano

After session expire iframe shows Tableau Server interface instead of the dashboard

Mykola Steshenko

Hello everyone!

Could anyone help me with this error? It creates serious security issues and I can't find what the cause of the problem is.

I have a problem with publishing my dashboard to the website. Everything is fine and dashboard works correctly until Tableau Server session expires (1800 seconds). After expiration iframe starts to show Tableau server interface instead of the dashboard itself (see the screen below):

Session Expire Error Anonymized.png

How can this be fixed? Maybe it can be automatically refreshed somehow after session expiration or an error message can be shown instead of redirecting  to Tableau Server interface in the iframe?

I embedded dashboard using JavaScript API. Here is the initiation code:

new tableau.Viz($element.find('div')[0], ctrl.vizUrl, {
              hideTabs: true,
              hideToolbar: true,
              width: '1020px',
              height: '625px',
              onFirstInteractive: function () {
              }
            })

Resulted iframe looks like this:

<iframe frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://tableau.server.address/t/DTI/views/workbook.name/Dashboard?:refresh=y&:tabs=no&:toolbar=no&:embed=y&:embed=y&:showVizHome=n&:jsdebug=y&:tabs=n&:toolbar=n&:apiID=handler0" style="display: block; width: 1020px; height: 625px; visibility: visible;"></iframe>

Thank you in advance for your help!