1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 2:33 AM by k e

SAP BW Connection Installation

Charles Chan

Hi, I've been doing some reading regarding setting up Tableau Server to connect with SAP BW. (a user wants to be able to publish a SAP BW data source)

I found two similar articles by Tableau, but details vary slightly between them.  One has the additional text: Article Note: This article is no longer actively maintained by Tableau. We continue to make it available because the information is still valuable, but some steps may vary due to product changes.

I was wondering if someone could clarify which of these documents I should go with if I wanted to ensure that Tableau Server can facilitate a user to publish a to SAP BW data source through an OLE DB for OLAP connection.

Connecting to SAP BW | Tableau Software   This article specifies that you will need to install up to 5 components using a SAP GUI for Windows as well as a 64 bit SAP BW driver.

SAP BW FAQ | Tableau Software This article specifies I only need a SAP GUI 7.30 for Windows.

Drivers & Activation | Tableau Software This page doesn't give much information, and it appears SAP BW driver is an is a more roundabout task than an OBDC drivers.

Has anyone had any experience with connecting with SAP BW?

http://kb.tableau.com/articles/knowledgebase/sapbw-connection

• 1. Re: SAP BW Connection Installation
          k e

Hi Charles,

our company Theobald Software is Tableau partner and we offer Xtract Universal as an SAP Connector for Tableau.

Xtract Universal offers nine components to provide all kinds of SAP data extraction from SAP ERP and SAP BW.

Just feel free to ask me for more information or to download a trial version for 30 days.

Kind regards,

Khoder