2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 8:08 AM by Jeff Strauss

Reverse proxy implementation

Pablo Fabiano

Hi all, my name is Pablo and I am new with Tableau.

As Tableau recommends, we need to implement a reverse proxy system to provide secure access from internet to the server. However, I couldn't find a specific recommended proxy solution.  Can you share your experience in this topic? Have you ever used HAPROXY for this purpose?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pablo.

• 1. Re: Reverse proxy implementation
          Toby Erkson

This is really a non-Tableau topic and can get rather involved depending on your company's requirements and environment!  I know the company I work for uses a reverse-proxy but there is a totally other team, in another location, involved in that for us.  I can't help and you may not get a good answer here (just a FYI so you don't get your hopes up ).

If you eventually get this worked out please come back and let us know how you solved it.

• 2. Re: Reverse proxy implementation
            Jeff Strauss

we have a reverse proxy in place and as Toby mentioned, it involves a totally other team within IT.  For us, it's an Enterprise deployment of reverse proxy and we use NGINX.  All traffic from outside comes in via SSL and then from the proxy to Tableau, we use non-SSL (port 80).  In order to do this, we needed to add some headers (X-PROTO-xxx) and some gateway info (tabadmin set...) that can all be found now within the admin guide.  Configuring Proxies for Tableau Server

1 of 1 people found this helpful