2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 9:18 AM by Imran Ahmed

Tableau Reader - Saved Filtered Selections

Dan Quigg

I have created a series of dashboards that I am providing using Tableau Reader. There are a number of cascading filters in these dashboards and it would be really helpful to allow the users to save instances of the filtered selection so they don't have to redo the same filters over and over again. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

• 1. Re: Tableau Reader - Saved Filtered Selections
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Dan,

Using Tableau Reader, I do not believe there is a functionality like this.  I might suggest considering Tableau Online or Server for that sort of purpose because the filters can be set on the URL parameters when calling the viz.  If the data is public or available to be shared, you might even consider using Tableau Public. 

I hope this helps. 

Patrick

• 2. Re: Tableau Reader - Saved Filtered Selections
            Imran Ahmed

Hi Dan, I was having the same issue and I did find a solution for it. My dashboard users were asking to save certain values in different filters and make them as their default. That means, every time they navigate to this dashboard, they want to see only what they are interested in seeing and not what is selected by default. Here is how we were able to rectify it. I hope it helps you and others!

1. Select certain values from filters that you want to choose as default for you and then click on 'View: Original' in the ribbon on Tableau Server.

2. A popup will open, which would allow you to save selection. Enter the name of this view, check checkbox 'Make it my default' and hit button SAVE.

3. Once completed, this will become your default dashboard. In future, whenever you navigate to this dashboard, you will see your selected default choices.

I hope it helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful