4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 7:20 AM by harris.tsr

Filter - Relevant Values for multiple sheets on one dashboard

harris.tsr

Hi Everyone,

I have created a dashboard which includes several sheets. Each one of these display a graph which shows for example the average number of days it takes for an opportunity to go through the funnel. But, every graph (sheet) is based on different metrics (image below). Graph 1 for example would show the avg # of days it takes to go from status A to B, while graph 2 would show the avg # of days it takes to go from status B to C and so on.

One of the filters I want to use is called "Partner Name". The thing is that the available relevant Partner Name is different for each graph, since each one of the graphs display a different "type/metric" number of days. For example, the available relevant values(Partner Names) for graph "mql to sal" would be different from the available relevant values for graph "partner assigned to psr assigned", or there might be available results to viz for partners in the "partner assignement to psr assigned" graph, but those might not have results to viz in the mql to sal graph. Even in this case, I'd like to have them listed in the Partner name dropdown.

All filters inserted in the dashboard come from graph "mql to sal" sheet and are applied to the rest of the worksheets. But while the first row's filters (geo, locations etc) don't affect the visualization since there would be the same available relevant values for every graph, the problem is how to make the partner name filter to list all the available relevant values for every graph.

Any thoughts if this is possible?

• 1. Re: Filter - Relevant Values for multiple sheets on one dashboard
          Luciano Vasconcelos

I'm not sure if i understood your issue very well but if you use a dimension as quick filter in a dashboard all values will be the same for graphs.

If you need it different you will need to create different dimensions or use parameters.

• 2. Re: Filter - Relevant Values for multiple sheets on one dashboard
            harris.tsr

Hi Luciano, thanks for the reply.

So, to add some context, let's say that i choose Country Germany. Having set the "Partner Name" filter to show only relevant values, it will show only the German Partners relevant to the the worksheet from which the filter has been brought into. In my case and given how I have built the dashboard, all the filters are connected to the top left graph (named: "mql to sal"), so by choosing Germany, the available partner names that would be listed in the drop down menu will refer to the mql-sal graph. However, there will be German partner names that have data to visualize for other graphs, but since the filter is connected to the mql-sal graph, these names will not be available in the list.

Hence, a German Partner name who has a trendline to show for e.g. top right graph (named: "Partner Assigned to PSR") but who at the same time has nothing to show (no data) for mql-sal graph (top left), will not be available on the drop down menu. Thus, the drop down menu, lists only the Partners with data referred to the mql-sal graph and doesn't show Partner names that might have data to viz for the rest of the graphs but at the same time no data for the mql-sal graph.

• 3. Re: Filter - Relevant Values for multiple sheets on one dashboard
              Luciano Vasconcelos

Quick filters are related to data source not to objects.

Since you defined only relevant values and applied, non relevant values won't be available on dropdown, but to tell you the truth it doesn't matter because even if you mark to show all values, no relevant values will have null value if you apply this filter.

• 4. Re: Filter - Relevant Values for multiple sheets on one dashboard
                harris.tsr

I get your point but it doesn't seem to work. In this case, it should list every partner that has available data for one graph regardless it has/hasn't data for another, but this doesn't happen. In addition, the point is to show all the relevant partners of a country when you choose a country or any other geo filter. Otherwise, when you choose a country, you'd get a huge list of partners most of who would have nothing to do with the selected country