2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 9:04 AM by Allan Franke

Simple table with two different metrics per month on columns and different people on lines, how?

Allan Franke

Hi everyone,

I have a very simple table that I need to make (data as text only for now):

-Lines with a hierarchy: Team name, supervisor name, employee name (this is working)

-Columns with: Month and within each month I have two different metrics (which I need KPI indicators for, but I'll try that after this is working)

So if I drag both metrics to marks I get this (this is an excel export but you get the picture...I need the metric 1 and 2 to be below EACH month)

TABLEAU 1.jpg

So I tried to use Metrics as columns (text), but then I get this below (all I want is to perfectly straight columns with my metrics under each month without invisible bars or whatever Tableau tries to do AND column titles on TOP):

tableau 2.jpg

Any help? If you can link me some training material that explains this I can take a look as well...I was reading about axis merging and header lifting but that's too complicated for such a simple setup...