2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2016 9:19 AM by William Strouse

How do I compare Current Sales Trends to Similar Time Segments from the Previous 2 Days?

William Strouse

Hello Vizzers,

My name is Will and I investigate fraud.

My current task to to build a viz with viz alerts triggered on suspect sales volume for high risk classes.

The volume of data is so large, and I am automating the script through Alteryx every 30 minutes, which means the max time period I have in the data at any one time is 3 days. I am tempted to put the calc in Alteryx to help the dashboard performance, but that is another issue.

Also, our sales have a normal trend throughout the day (low late at night and peaking around 4-5pm). The trick is to compare the wee hours of the night to themselves, and not peak sales time, as the late hours in when we experience the most attacks.

I am trying to compare the current sales volume/$ to the average performance plus and minus 30 minutes for the previous 2 days.

Let Z= current average performance

X= yesterday’s time segment (24 hrs +/- 30 minutes)

Y=2days ago (48 hrs +/- 30 minutes)

The viz alert would trigger on sdv +/- 3 of Z compared to a moving avg(X,Y)

Where :

curdate-1410 minutes > x < curdate – 1470 minutes

curdate – 2830 minutes > y < curdate – 2910 minutes

I have it figured out mathematically, but having a lot of trouble with the date functions.