3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 1:36 PM by Julie Sauvageau

Is there a way to incorporate measures into the body of an email action in Tableau?

Jacob Ackerman

I am fairly new to Tableau and I have happened upon creating an action where I use the 'html' action to create an email. Now within that email I would like to create dynamic information that includes both measures and dimensions, such as: order #, number of miles, total weight, and cost. The following is what I have written to obtain results so far:

mailto:randomemail@tableau.com?subject= Information &body=This order # ,<order#> is complete.

The above will work correctly without any difficulties because (based on assumption) it only incorporates a dimension. However, when I try the following, the test email will work, but in the dashboard when I try to select the field it will not work and the email will not show.

mailto:randomemail@tableau.com?subject= Information &body=This order # ,<order#> is complete. It cost the customer, <sum(cost)>. The underlined portion of this action URL does not allow for the ability.

Please help in answering as to why this does not work or if there is a way around this.

Thanks