2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 11:11 PM by Dmitry Chirkov

Cannot deploy workbook to Tableau Server (SQL Server 2016 relational source)

David Hill

Hi, i am attempting to publish a .twb to Tableau Server Version: 9.3.3 (9300.16.0606.1812) 64-bit

I receive the message "ExecutiveOverview.v03 successfully published to [TEST SERVER NAME]"

But, when i try to view the workbook the following message appears

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator.

To connect to the [TEST SERVER] database, you must install at least version 10.0 of the driver. Version 6.0.0 of the driver is currently installed.

Visit http://www.tableau.com/drivers to download driver setup files. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Unable to connect to the server "[TEST SERVER]". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

2016-09-20 15:56:06.509, (V@FcFgqGZ5cAAAsEiXMAAAE-,0,0)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, i have privileges, and i have installed on the Tableau server and the SQL 2016 server, the ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server.

SQL Server profiler is not registering any activity on the box, so it looks like the issue is a driver issue, but i am wondering if anyone else has experienced this when publishing workbooks with SQL Server 2016 relational database source ?

Any help received with thanks !

Regards