Char Click Option

Govind Ramchetty

Hi

I have bar report like

Team ,Sales

A--1000

B--2000

C--3000

When i click Team "A" then it should drill and display A related Names and sales.I dont want to display B team or C team.I have to see only "A" team members.

This drill should display top of this report only.

After i have to come back again and i need to select 'B'. so on

Note: I dont want 2 seperate reports when drill.It should display single report only.

Normal hierarchy displaying other team information as well.

Thanks

Govind R

• 1. Re: Char Click Option
          Sankarmagesh Rajan

hi govind,

When we double click in team a then it will display only a team and it will not show b and c.

If you don't want 2nd sheet here then go with parameter/filter and filter it.

Thanks

sankar

• 2. Re: Char Click Option
            Govind Ramchetty

HI

See in my attachement.I displayed State and sales.

When i click it should go drill option after i sould come back again and click other state values...

• 3. Re: Char Click Option
              Sagar Agarwal

Hi,

This is pretty simple. I am assuming that you have the following hierarchy set = Team -> Member Name. Sales will be treated as a Measure, so no need to add it to the hierarchy. You can drop the Sales measure on the Text Shelf on the Marks Card as shown below:

For the drill down, you can create a worksheet level Actions as below:

Go to Worksheet -> Actions -> Add Action -> Filter. Over here, set it up as below: Run Action on "Select" & Clearing Selection will "Show All Values"

This will then work as follows:

You click on any Team's name (such as "A") and all other values will be hidden; then you can click on the "+" sign to expand and see the team member's names, etc. To show all values once again, just press Escape.

Attached a workbook using sample superstore data & using Product Category & Sales to show as example. You can replicate this for your Team level data then.

Let me know if you need additional help.

• 4. Re: Char Click Option
                Govind Ramchetty

My Requirement is .I have dashboad like below.When i click Any State,it should display dril values. After i have to come back again this screen. Again i have to display another state then drill down ....

State1-->City (When i see cty values i dont want to see any other than state1)

Again come back

State2-->Cty (When i see cty values i dont want to see any other than state2)

Above 2 activities should looks single chart.I dont want to go any extra chart.

• 5. Re: Char Click Option
                  Sagar Agarwal

Well, I cannot open your workbook due to version issues, but still here you can apply the same technique:

Make sure you have set the hierarchy = State -> City and then use this hierarchy in your view instead of State alone.

Now create the Action Filter as I mentioned before. Once you click on a State, all other states will be hidden, you selected state will enlarge in size to occupy the space, then you have to hover over the State name to locate the "+" symbol and click on it -> it will list all the cities under that State only.

Hope this is clear. Let me know if this doesn't work.

• 6. Re: Char Click Option
                    raj vasa

Use Parameter

Parameter1: (A,B,C,All)

create calculated field called " Tier-2 filter"

Case Parameter1

when "A" then [Names]

when "B" then [Names]

when "C" then [Names]

when "All" then [Team]

Create another calculated field  called "Drill down"

If [Team]=parameter1 then [Tier-2 filter]

Now drag Drill down filed to rows and sales to columns and use Parameter1 to drill down

Hope this helps!!