2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2016 8:54 AM by Yuriy Fal

Is it possible to aggregate data which is used for custom territory mapping in Tableau 10?

Gorazd Ozimek

The new custom map feature in Tableau 10 is absolutely great. However I found some limitations with it. I am creating an analysis for Poland where my data is based on specific custom brick level which is not recognised by Tableau geographical mapping. Since Tableau can recognise ZIP codes, which is lower (more detailed) than my data, I have artifically assigned zip codes to my data (I know which zip codes belong to the custom brick), meaning that the amount of data has been enlarged for about 30x times.

My problem now is that the amount of data is too big, causing Tableau to perform slowly when looking at maps. Instead of about 600 custom bricks, the data has been artificially mapped to 22000 zip codes in order for Tableau to recognise the zip codes and show boundaries tof my custom bricks.

Is there any way that Tableau remembers the boundaries of custom bricks without having the ZIP code data inside the extract? (blending the data is not an option in my case)