4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 3:17 PM by Shawn Wallwork

Shape Aligment

Ryan Miller

Hi, i've been trying to get the dots to center on the bars, but for some reason I can't seem to find out how. I've tried formatting and manually tweaking the alignment, but it's not letting me. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Shape Aligment
          Shawn Wallwork

Your 'dots' are centered on each day. The problem is with your bars. They are shifted to the right. Check all the formatting that affect the bars. Somewhere they are getting right justified. Finding where this is happening is anybody's guess. If you share that workbook we can probably find it faster than you can, but then you wouldn't learn all the different ways and places T has distributed formatting controls!

Cheers,

--Shawn

• 2. Re: Shape Aligment
            Bora Beran

Another potential issue is that if the bars are on a continuous axis and you're using Tableau 10, you could be using continuous axis sizing which has an alignment parameter. Most likely bars are left aligned hence starting at April 8th, April 15th etc. and extending to the right while circles don't have this sort of alignment option so they are center aligned on those dates.

If you go to size card and from fixed tab, alignment drop down, select centered, then bars will probably align the same way circles are.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 4. Re: Shape Aligment
              Shawn Wallwork

Oh my! We now can align bars? How wonderful!

--Shawn