2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2016 11:34 AM by LR Qin

Countd the total number of false

LR Qin

Hi, I am stuck on a step for "counted the total number of false". I want to calculate the percent for each measure. Since participant can check more than one measure, I can not use table calculation. Currently I am using "Counted [Unique ID]" as the denominator. However, this is not what I really want. The correct one is to sum the total number of false from "No Collected". The statement for the calculation field is "COUNTD(IF [No Collected] = FALSE THEN [Unique ID] ELSE 0 END)". But it is wrong. Please help. Thank you very much.

• 1. Re: Countd the total number of false
          Simon Runc

hi LR,

Is this the formula you are looking for?....

COUNTD(IF NOT([No Collected]) THEN [Unique ID] END)

As a True/False field you don't need an Equals False, and also you don't want an else part. Anything that isn't NULL get's counted in a COUNTD...so your ELSE 0 would get counted one, but by not having any ELSE part (or you could do ELSE NULL END) anything that is True gets a NULL assignment and so doesn't get counted in your COUNTD. You can then just do a COUNTD([UniqueID]) to get the %age.

Hope I've understood correctly, but if not please post back.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Countd the total number of false
            LR Qin

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I just figured it out by myself. The statement I use is as follows.

COUNTD(IF [No Collected] = FALSE THEN [Unique ID] END)

And yours works fine as well. Thanks.