2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 2:19 AM by Egor Larin

How to filter by continious date across data sources? v10 feature

Egor Larin

Hello community!

I'm testing new v10 feature - cross data source filters. And I'm confused a little bit

Here is my scenario:

1) I have SuperStore chart based on months sales:

2) I have CoffeeChain chard based on months sales:

3) I have dashboard with both charts

4) Now I want to use Month(Order Date)  as a cross data source filter (drag-drop Month(Order Date) to filters)

5) After setting it up it still doesn't work for CoffeeChain chart

6) Now, I need to specify the relationships for both data sources

7) but still that filer doesn't affect to CoffeChain chart

8) Under the section Apply for Selected worksheets I can see that:

What should I do to enable that filter for both charts?

it seems I need to define the continuous relationship for both dates (Mont-Year), but we don't have that option while adding custom relation.

I've tried with MY(*field name*) but still doesn't work.

Also there is no way to create Custom Date in continuous type. Do I need manually create these dates in both data sources? Or am I still able to use it without creating calculated fields for month-year?

One thing that I found:

If I rename Date field in CoffeeChain to Order Date - it works without setting the Relationships.

Can we do filtering without renaming fields? What is the best way to deal with it?

For example, if I rename State to States in CoffeChain (let's say I have that name in data source by default) and then define the relationship State (SuperStore) ->States (CoffeeChain) - filter by State (SuperStore) works fine and filter both charts.

Thanks in advance for any explanations.

Egor